Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trying new techniques...

Look Mom! No hands!

On one of my favorite photography sites http://www.ilovephotography.com I found an incredible photographer in New Zealand that uses his flash in such a unique way that allows both the sky and the object of the picture to be exposed correctly.
Think of pictures where the subject is too dark with the sky looking beautiful or the subject looking just right with the sky being completely blown out when you know there was a beautiful blue sky with fluffy white clouds when you snapped the shutter. He was kind enough to share his technique on the site so I decided to try it out on the kids in the front yard. My technique still needs some work but I think I'm getting the idea... and I'll never get better if I'm not out there shooting and trying to expand my comfort zone. Go check out his site and you will appreciate how great these type of pictures can look....

No comments: