Friday, November 21, 2008

Just Another Wednesday

Today I got up to two happy children. The day started out by my sweet daughter offering to make me a bagel. And with a start like that I should have known it would be a great day. Once breakfast commenced we moved on to school. I got to snuggle with with each of my children, in turn, and read out of varies books with settings scattered around the world and characters we would love to be friends with (and actually feel as if we are.) After some math that required little help from their slightly numerically-phobic mother and a list of spelling words amongst other assignments, we had lunch. I had a roast beef sandwich with corn chips and hummus. Yes, I've turned into a corn-chip-and-hummus-kind-of-girl and I have to say, I've never looked back... regular chips and dip can not compare! After our vittles we dropped Kate at school and Riley and I rode our bikes for an hour around our new neighbor and beyond. We stopped by the local gas station and enjoyed cold beverages while sitting out on in the brisk November sunshine. He was so impressed that one could go beyond the "street in front of our house" on one's bike. The joy and admiration simply radiated from that sweet little face of his, which of in turn, of course, made me feel happy, admired and radiant too. He asked if tomorrow we could go in the opposite direction to the local grocery store. I told him only tomorrow can answer that question. After our return I made dinner for my family while listing to C.S.Lewis spell out the virtues my faith in Mere Christianity which is a W O N D E R F U L (audio) Book. (This is my second time through it.) After dinner and dishes we relaxed a little while I took some time to "play" with pictures on the computer. Then the kids were off to bed and I happen to notice just how good my husbands new deodorant was still smelling after such a long day for him... and so ... well... he is off sleeping and I am up am feeling very grateful for
just another Wednesday.

No comments: