Friday, November 21, 2008

A teary windy house of nails...

Several things happened today. We had this huge windstorm that came from nowhere... and it also happened to be recycling/trash day. So the good news was that trash had already been picked up. The bad -- the recycling had not. So our street was lined with knocked over trash cans and tons of last weeks flyers spiraling through the air. So sweet Uncle Richard went out to try and pick his contribution to the mess. Only, the wind had not died down and so it was a bit of a losing battle. And by this point the kinder has seen what he was up to and quickly turned it into a game of "grab the trash." It was a comical sight to see little Miss Dani running down the street trying to get his piece of paper that was perpetually out of her reach... comical enough I felt the need to get out my camera...
And after the recycling storm I took Kate to get her nails done... why you ask? Because she has her first school dance tomorrow. How, you ask, does this mommy feel about that? Well when she came home last week all giddy and excited and announced the upcoming dance I cried. It was just a wetting of the eyes and she didn't even see...but her announcement and her excitement caught me off guard. I think her growing up so quickly has done the same thing.
And the last thing of interest for today is that Jason and I looked at a housefor sale. A big beautiful house in the next neighborhood over... I think one of us might have caught the fever, only I seem to be feeling fine! :)

No comments: